Saturday, September 20, 2008

Munster Flood Series, September 15, 2008 - Time to Leave

In this video, Jack brought my mother back to the house in an inflatable boat. Later Danny & Jack came back to get some important documents from the house to keep them safe. My father took video's of each room because they did not know if the top floor would be flooded or not.

At the end of this video you can see the little boat that was used to bring my mother back home.

When my Dad pans to the corner you can see near the stop sign (kitty corner) the white house of Ms. Demar who's home was condemned on Thursday. It was extremely sad. She was given until Dusk to get what she could out of the house, and told she could not get the rest out. She was the only person allowed in her home. The foundation had buckled and there was a sink hole.

The water level kept rising and started climbing up closer to the kitchen when my parents had no choice but to leave, they had to call in and ask for a boat to come and get them.

A Note on Ginger: My parents had Ginger evacuated by boat and Jack's girlfriend Jenny brought her into Munster Animal Hospital and had Ginger boarded. Dan & Jen picked up Ginger and took her to live with them, Daisy, Molly & Freehley and now she's back home with my parents and seems to be getting acclimated to being home again.




No comments: